- Hired: 2014
- Education: Bellarmine University, B.A., Accounting, Cardinal Section honors program, 1976
Phil is one of the four partners here at Bowden & Wood. He comes to us after working as the Director of Tax Services for Dean Dorton Allen Ford, and a partner at Kauffman Amshoff & Associates. He has over 4 decades of experience as an accountant.
Outside of the office, Phil is a passionate soccer fan, former player, and long-time team manager. He also does pro-bono work for the Kentucky Soccer Association. Because of his life-long involvement in his favorite sport, he was inducted into the Kentucky Soccer Hall of Fame in 2012. He is also a recipient of the Bellarmine Scarlet & Silver Award, an honor reflecting his personal involvement on behalf of Bellarmine University. Phil also proudly volunteers as the accountant for the Community Catholic Center.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accounting
- Member, Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Louisville Employee Benefits Council
- Helping clients grow from start-ups to industry-leaders
- Developing the Internal Audit Group at Bellarmine University
Thoughts on Bowden & Wood
“Bowden & Wood is a distinguished firm, and it provides consistently great service.” – Phil Amshoff, CPA