- Cell: 502-648-2280
- Hired: 1975
- Education: B.A. in Accounting, University of Louisville, 1976
Mark is the Managing Partner at Bowden & Wood. He came to Bowden & Wood as a Staff Accountant. He became a Partner in 1980, and he became the Managing Partner in 1989. Mark manages our growing firm to provide tax, accounting, and consulting services. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional. Mark enjoys attending and speaking at association meetings.
Outside of the office, Mark is a member of the Holy Spirit Church and an avid gardener. Mark is committed to a pesticide-free garden that he can share with family, friends, and employees at the firm.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants, past Chairman of Construction Committee
- Member, Driving Force Auto Consulting, LLC
- Associate Member, Kentucky Association of Master Contractors Inc.
- Member, Industry and By-Laws Committee
- Member, Construction Financial Management Association, President of the Kentuckiana Chapter, 2008 – 2010 and 2013 – 2014, Board Member 2000 to present
- Associate Member, Greater Louisville Automobile Dealers Association
- Associate Member, Kentucky Automobile Dealers Association
- Chairman, Ohio Valley Construction Conference, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Sharing his knowledge of the complexities of tax laws with clients
- Working with like-minded CPAs in the firm
Thoughts on Bowden & Wood
“Bowden & Wood is a changing business in a changing industry, but we provide consistently valuable service.” – Mark Schaeffer, CPA, CCIFP