- Hired: 2018
- Education: St. Martin’s University, BA in Accounting & Business
- Certified Managerial Accountant certification
- Member of the Institute of Management Accountants
As a native from Germany and a military wife, she has seen the world and is now settling here in Kentucky. Sonja moved to America in 2001. She joined Bowden & Wood in 2018. She enjoys learning new tasks and accepts new challenges with such a great attitude.
Sonja has supported her husband throughout his 20-year military career and they have a young son. She actively supports St. Jude’s. In her free time, she enjoys reading, hiking and spending time with family. On occasion, she spoils us with her baking. Her family owns a bakery in Germany and she’s learned a few great recipes.
- Specialized in Cost Accounting
- Providing excellent client service
- Improving and standardizing work processes and procedures
“I started my career in the private sector working as a Cost Accountant and now I am gaining some experience in the public sector. It is interesting to get more insight of different areas of accounting”-Sonja Kelley.
Thoughts on Bowden & Wood
“Bowden & Wood is a great place to work as the staff is very friendly, helpful, professional and knowledgeable. I am excited of being part of this great firm”-Sonja Kelley.